Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Big Chill









I've just come back from a brilliant weekend at the Big Chill festival in Herefordshire with Lizzy and Chris (first two pics). It was a very family friendly festival (see third pic with lovely hula girls). The location was brilliant, see 4th and 5th pics. 6th pic is Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords, just because I like him
We saw Leonard Cohen on Sunday evening, he made me cry his music was so beautiful. Also lots of other brilliant acts. It was a great experience all round. Even with camping. We'll do this sort of stuff again.


4 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

Ah - you guys travel so much and seem to have good times. Nice.

Tina said...

We do nowadays Joe, it was not ever thus. Since my dear friend Lizzy had a life threatening illness we pretty much go wherever we want to go (within reason).Off to Edinburgh on Monday for a few days to catch the Festival Fringe.

Tina said...

That comment didn't quite get across what I meant. Lizzy and I spent all that time going to Love gigs to see our teenage hero Arthur Lee and we're so glad we did, because then he went and died on us at the tender age of 61. So I think I've learnt from that, that if there are things you want to do, artistes you want to see perform, places you want to go, don't leave it too long. Ars Longa, vita brevis as Hippocrates used to say (or was it the Nice???)

Unknown said...

Never a truer word spoken.