Saturday, November 12, 2005

View of Myrtos, Crete from the west.


This is the village in Crete we visited in October half-term. I feel very much at home there, its a "real" place rather than a tourist resort. People remembered us from last year - maybe the very drunken night in Katerina's taverna with a group of German bikers had something to do with that.

I'm off to see Lizzy tomorrow. Just a day trip but it'll be really good to see her, it seems like a while.

Right at the start of this blog I said that I had been on the periphery of something terrible that had happened in the family of some very close friends of ours. The whole sorry case reached some sort of conclusion this week - details are here

Its the stuff of your worst nightmares, especially if you're a parent.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Myrtos Crete is also one of my absolute favourite places in Greece.