Saturday, March 31, 2007

Axe murderers with very small axes....

I went to a sort of mini-blogmeetette yesterday evening - I was invited by the lovely Miss Mish, who I have been involved in on-off email correspondence with for some time. She's a star, and a very funny lady. A massive Stranglers fan - and she told me that she had been texting JJ Burnel that very afternoon! Plus other stuff she may not want me to repeat here. Saltwater bar in the Cornerhouse in Nottingham was the venue. I met Argy Bargey, whose exploits in China and particularly his nasty accident I have followed with interest. Also a hairy chap answering to the moniker Hantsbear. Plus Phil, Mark, Ruthie - I didn't pick up whether or not they were bloggers. Nice folks all, an interesting bunch.

I also had a gander at the book, Shaggy Blog Stories, to which Michelle and James have contributed - looks great, so I've ordered my own copy today.

And the heading - I had been reasonably vague with Keith as to who I was meeting for a drink after work, and Michelle asked if I was going to tell him about them now that I knew that they weren't a bunch of axe murderers - I said I'd tell him that they only had very small axes.

No comments: