Saturday, January 07, 2006

Blogging as therapy

I read in a blog recently (can't remember which) that a large proportion of bloggers found the whole process very therapeutic - certainly early last year when things were really getting me down, setting out all of the details of Lizzy and my adventures with Love helped me to put a number of things in perspective. I haven't been doing a lot of updating on this blog lately, but maybe I should - I certainly feel like I could do with therapy of some sort!

So...

Some facts about my life at present:

1) Work on the whole is going well again, I'm for the most part enjoying it again lately. One or two problems though of which more later.

2) Keith is really quite unwell with anxiety and depression. He was suffering throughout the term leading up to Christmas - at the start of the school Christmas holidays he went to the doctor, who put him on Prozac which initally made him much worse. He's since been back to the doctors, is now taking diazepam as well which has the effect of knocking him out, but is now less anxious and fortunately is sleeping a lot better. He's been signed off work for 6 weeks. I am trying to be as supportive as I can, and to be there as much as I can for him, and he is very appreciative of this.

3) Lizzy has practically finished her chemotherapy treatment for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and things seem to be going well. She hasn't officially had the all clear but has had various scans etc and has been told that the tumours are clear. Hooray!!

4) A number of our friends are ill at the moment. There are two cases of shingles, two cases of anxiety and depression apart from Keith, and another case of cancer apart from Lizzy. Is it our age?? I've never known a time before when so many of my contemporaries have been seriously ill. Fortunately I'm not affected, apart from suffering from mild depression earlier in the year, but the whole thing is very concerning.

5) One of the support staff at work is having a very hard time at the moment. It seems to me like a classic case of stress, but they don't seem to want to accept this - its everyone else not themself - and its getting me down and annoying / upsetting a number of other people. I've tried to do something about it, not very successfully, and quite frankly the whole situation is pissing me off. I could do with work being calm and ordered so I can have a real stab at having a successful 2006 instead of the debacle that was 2005 for me workwise. 2005 was filled with other people that I care about's personal problems as well - I have been trying and largely succeeeding in developing a sympathetic persona - not always my strongpoint in the past - but my colleague and their problems has not touched a nerve. I suppose in my view the things I've seen other people go through last year were just so much worse. Hey ho.

Well thats a little bit of unloading. The Doctor is In.

No comments: