Saturday, March 05, 2005

NLR: My 50th Birthday 27th November 2003

Another birthday, another party...

Friends and relations are summoned from far and wide - Lizzy and Chris are coming down from Newcastle, my two sisters are coming over from Hull and my brother is coming up from London.

Mrs Matheru, the samosa lady from Sneinton, does a wonderful job of the food. Castle Rock Brewery does a wonderful job of the beer. And its me sorting out the music again....

By this time I reckon I've come up with the definitive cheesy disco collection - and this is it:

1. Jacksons – Blame it on the Boogie
2. Trammps – Disco Inferno
3. Wild Cherry – Play that Funky Music White Boy
4. Kool and the Gang – Get down on it
5. Rose Royce – Car Wash
6. Chic – Good Times
7. Pointer Sisters – Jump for your love
8. KC and the Sunshine Band – Get Down Tonight
9. Hues Corporation – Rock the Boat
10. Gap Band – Oops upside your head
11. Kool and the Gang – Celebration
12. Heatwave – Boogie Nights
13. Gibson Brothers – Cuba
14. Emotions - Best of my Love
15. Beegees – Stayin Alive
16. Supremes – You can’t hurry Love
17. Stevie Wonder – Superstition
18. Chic – Le Freak
19. Diana Ross – Upside Down
20. McFadden & Whitehead – Ain’t no stoppin’ us now

No comments: